The Outer Banks Hospital and Outer Banks Medical Group have a wide range of positions available with superb benefits, one of which is, of course, living in one of the most beautiful places on the planet. We offer careers in the categories of nursing, clinical/professional, administrative & support services, patient care support and management & professional.
CAREERS WITH GREAT PAY & BENEFITS, THE LATEST TECHNOLOGY AND FRIENDLY COWORKERS
We know that location isn’t everything. That’s why we offer the tools and the environment to make your work inspiring and fulfilling.
The Outer Banks Hospital, located in Nags Head, North Carolina, is a full-service, community hospital offering a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. A joint venture between Vidant Health and Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, the hospital opened in March 2002. As a Top 100 U.S. Community Hospital based on quality, patient satisfaction and community outreach, The Outer Banks Hospital is also recognized nationally with an accredited Cancer program and in all of our Radiology modalities.
The Outer Banks Medical Group, which is a Vidant Medical Group partner and affiliated with The Outer Banks Hospital, is comprised of eight physician practices that stretch from Avon to Southern Shores: Outer Banks Family Medicine in Avon, Manteo and Southern Shores; Outer Banks Women’s Care in Nags Head; Outer Banks General Surgery in Nags Head; Outer Banks Internal Medicine in Nags Head; Outer Banks Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in Kill Devil Hills; and Outer Banks Ear Nose & Throat in Kitty Hawk. It also includes Urgent Care Centers in both Southern Shores and Nags Head.
We are proud to offer challenging and competitive roles for qualified individuals. Most importantly, we are dedicated to providing quality care to our employees and our community.
Vidant Health and The Outer Banks Hospital leads the pack with top-rated services, technology and patient care. We have been honored with recognitions such as . . .
- First Dementia Friendly Hospital in North Carolina
- HIMSS Stage 6 designation
- Great 100 nurses
- Get With The Guidelines honors
- Infant Safe Sleep Hospital Model of Excellence
- American Association for Respiratory Care
- HealthStream Excellence through Insight Award
- Chest Pain Accreditation
- Most Wired
- Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to The Outer Banks Hospital Cancer Program
- 5-Star Facility for Patient Experience by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Becker’s Hospital Review: Top 100 Great Community Hospital
- President Ronnie Sloan awarded the 2018 AHA Rural Hospital Leadership Award.
- The Outer Banks Hospital Director of Inpatient Services, Lisa McGaha, 2018 recipient of the Daisy Award, recognizing outstanding nurses.
ABOUT THE OUTER BANKS
We think you’ll find that North Carolina’s famous Outer Banks are a picture-perfect environment. With a year-round population of nearly 36,000, the Outer Banks maintains a small-town charm while hosting more than 250,000 on a peak summer day. These barrier island communities are bordered on the east by the Atlantic Ocean and on the west by the waters of the Pamlico, Croatan and Albemarle Sounds.