The Outer Banks Hospital Entry Screening Process
The safety of patients, team members, and visitors is a top priority. With this in mind, The Outer Banks Hospital has introduced an enhanced screening process to help improve your experience while continuing to reduce the risks associated with COVID-19.
The process can be completed in person at kiosks located at the main entry points of the hospital or online prior to your arrival by clicking here.
Instructions for online/pre-visit screening:
- Complete the online screening questionnaire by clicking here. This will generate a personalized QR code for entry.
- Print, download or take a screenshot on your mobile device of that QR code.
- Upon arrival, scan that QR code at the screening kiosk.
- Pre-screenings are allowed up to two hours upon arrival.
Instructions for on-site screening:
- Scan the QR code provided on the card given to you.
- Complete the screening questionnaire. This will generate a personalized QR code for entry.
- This QR code will need to be scanned at the kiosk.
Once you have scanned your personalized QR code, the kiosk will guide you through a contactless temperature scan. If the temperature is below 100.1 degrees, the kiosk will print a visitor pass for any visitors that must be worn for the duration of your visit. Patients will not receive a pass and may proceed to check-in at the front desk.
If your temperature is above 100.1 degrees, a team member will be notified and you may not be allowed entry.