Red Level Visitor Restrictions
|Hospital Inpatient Departments, Including Surgical Inpatients||Open hours (Hours may vary by location)||• One (1) healthy adult visitor screened and masked at all times.
• Visitor may not switch out with other visitors.
• Visitors must stay in patient’s room unless visiting the cafe’.
• One (1) designated healthy adult visitor may stay overnight. Overnight visitors may not switch out with other visitors.
|End-of-Life Patients in any Department (Including COVID-Positive End-of-Life Patients in all Palliative Care Locations)||Open hours||• Family members who are screened and masked may visit with guidance from care team and should call the unit for guidance.|
|Adult COVID-19 Positive Patients||No visitors allowed||• Health adult visitors screened and masked allowed for COVID-positive end-of-life only (see guidelines above).
• Ask unit for accommodations regarding virtual visits.
|Pediatric Patients Under 18||Open hours||• Two (2) healthy adult caregivers screened and masked can remain at the bedside 24/7.
• Four (4) designated caregivers are identified by the child’s legal guardian on admission and are able to visit the child throughout the duration of the child’s stay. Only (2) visitors are allowed at the bedside at any time.
• Sibling visits are not permitted, health care team will work with families to facilitate virtual sibling visits as appropriate.
• Pediatric palliative or end-of-life visitation adjustments will be approved by leadership based on the needs of the child.
• COVID-positive patient caregivers must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
Labor & Delivery, Maternity
|Open hours||• Four (4) designated healthy adult visitors screened and masked (includes labor partner or doula) are identified on admission and able to visit throughout duration of mothers stay.
• Only two (2) visitors are allowed at the bedside at any time.
• COVID-positive patients may have the designated labor partner only. Labor partner must remain in the patient’s room at all times.
|Medical Practices and Outpatient Clinics||During time of appointment||• One (1) healthy adult visitor screened and masked at all times.
• Pediatric Outpatient/Clinics: Two (2) guardians screened and masked at all times.
|Outpatient Surgical Patients||Prior to surgery||• One (1) healthy adult visitor screened and masked allowed in the pre-op area with patient prior to surgery.|
|Emergency Department||Open hours||• No visitors allowed in lobby, waiting areas, hallways or curtain-only rooms.
• One (1) healthy adult visitor screened and masked at all times allowed once patient is placed in a room.
• Patients who fall within ADA guidelines, or require a visitor for clinical care or safety, may have one (1) healthy adult visitor screened and masked at all times in lobby or waiting area.
• Visitors may not switch out.
• Pediatric patients: Two (2) guardians screened and masked at all times. One (1) guardian with patient while in lobby.