For Immediate Release
August 3, 2018
Contact: Jennifer Schwartzenberg, Director, Community Outreach & Development, The Outer Banks Hospital, 252-449-5933
- Beach Food Pantry – Access to nutritious meals and snacks throughout the year for Dare County children
- Community Care Clinic of Dare – Medical care for uninsured/low income patients
- Dare County Health Department – Prenatal ultrasounds and Breast Cancer diagnostics
- Dare County Transportation – Transportation of patients to medical care appointments
- Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation – Medical assistance for Hatteras Island cancer patients
- Hyde County Non-Profit Private Transportation Corporation – Transportation of patients to medical care appointments on the Outer Banks
- Interfaith Community Outreach – Medical assistance and crisis intervention
- NC MedAssist – Free pharmacy services shipped directly to patients’ homes
Funds are generously provided by the Vidant Health, with support from Chesapeake Regional Healthcare and The Outer Banks Hospital’s Development Council. Since 2006, The Outer Banks Hospital has granted $1,444,840 to organizations, of which over $1.1 million of the funding has come from the Vidant Health.
The Outer Banks Hospital, located in Nags Head, North Carolina, offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. A joint venture between Vidant Health and Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, the hospital opened in March 2002. The hospital’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for the residents and visitors of Dare County and the surrounding region by promoting wellness and providing the highest quality healthcare services. For more information, visit www.theouterbankshospital.com.
Pictured (L-R): Kahla Hall, Vidant Health Foundation; Richard Bruce, Chair, Community Benefit Grants Committee; Jean Freeman, Interfaith Community Outreach; Elisabeth Silverthorne, Beach Food Pantry; Tami Montiel, Community Care Clinic of Dare; Beverly Paul, Hyde County Non-Profit Private Transportation Corporation; Jenniffer Albanese, Interfaith Community Outreach; Debbie Dutton, Dare County Health Department; Kristin Young, NC MedAssist; Jennifer Schwartzenberg, The Outer Banks Hospital. Not Pictured: Dare County Transportation and Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation