The Outer Banks Hospital is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2020-2021 Community Benefit Grants Program. Grants are awarded for projects that will significantly increase access to healthcare and financial resources in our community for nearly 11,000 individuals in need. The grants listed below equal $125,000 in support of local organizations that will provide services to meet a variety of community needs this coming year.
- Carova Beach Volunteer Fire & Rescue Auxiliary, Inc. – Training of volunteers and facilitating care on the northern beaches of the Outer Banks
Children & Youth Partnership for Dare County – Mindfulness-based wellness programs for students at Dare County Schools
- Community Care Clinic of Dare – Medical care for uninsured/low income patients
- Dare County Health Department’s Breaking Through Task Force – Public awareness and education campaign to reduce the stigma related to behavioral health
- Dare County Health Department’s Women’s Health Programs – Prenatal ultrasounds and Breast Cancer diagnostics for under-served woman in Dare County
- Dare County Transportation – Transportation of patients to medical care appointments
- Food for Thought – Ease food insecurity in Dare County
Hatteras Island Cancer Foundation – Transportation assistance for cancer patients
- Interfaith Community Outreach – Medical assistance and crisis intervention
- NC MedAssist – Free pharmacy services shipped directly to patients’ homes and an over-the-counter medication giveaway event in Dare County
Funds are generously provided by Vidant Health, with support from The Outer Banks Hospital’s Development Council and Chesapeake Regional Healthcare. Since 2006, The Outer Banks Hospital has granted $1,704,840 to organizations, of which over $1.47 million of the funding has come from Vidant Health.
The Outer Banks Hospital, located in Nags Head, North Carolina, offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. A joint venture between Vidant Health and Chesapeake Regional Healthcare, the hospital opened in March 2002. The hospital’s mission is to enhance the quality of life for the residents and visitors of Dare County and the surrounding region by promoting wellness and providing the highest quality healthcare services. For more information, visit www.theouterbankshospital.com.