Located on the second floor of the Medical Office Building adjacent to The Outer Banks Hospital, the Cancer Resource Center is a warm and comforting space for cancer patients, their families, care providers and others who seek information about and support for a cancer diagnosis.
Services available include:
- Educational services to enhance decision making, increase participation in treatment planning and to foster a sense of control through knowledge.
- Support groups for cancer patients and people who care about them.
- Assistance with accessing the most current information about cancer and its treatment including drug trials. Internet access and free printed materials are available
- “Look Good….Feel Better,” a program of the American Cancer Society that teaches women with cancer special beauty techniques so they may look their best during chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
- Opportunities to interact with others with similar experiences.
- A cancer care navigator is available to assist with understanding and navigating complex health systems. Direct assistance is available, as well as referrals, to community resources to address psychosocial needs and concerns.
- Educational outreach to increase community cancer awareness.
- Funding to construct and furnish the space was raised entirely by contributions to The Outer Banks Hospital’s Development Council.
The Center may be reached by calling (252) 449-8265 or by emailing [email protected].